What is Pilates?
It is a system of physical and mental conditioning
- It teaches us how to hold and move our bodies (the way God designed) with strength, efficiency and fluidity.
- The mind, breath and body coordinate throughout each exercise to strengthen and lengthen you while creating improved movement patterns.
It is intentional and progressive
- Every exercise has a purpose.
- Every exercise can be adapted – from rehabilitative to very athletic
- Every session is built on a strategic sequence of exercises to facilitate achieving your goals and transforming your body.
It translates and transcends to your everyday life and sport
- It strengthens weak areas and loosens tight areas.
- It balances effort so that the right muscles are working at the right intensity.
- It improves range of motion and creates healthy joints.
It is for everyone
- It is infinitely flexible and adaptable because the unique equipment offers nearly limitless options to both assist you and challenge you!
It is a practice and takes time
- With practice, patience and consistency you will look, move and feel and perform better and better.
- It is not a quick fix but instead a powerful and gradual way to transform your body.
- Because it works.
- Because it’s efficient and effective.
- Because feeling good feels really good!